Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Christmas!!!!

Hello I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas!
The last few weeks have been like a whirlwind – so much has happened and I’ve had the best news a girl could possibly get! ....I am sooo excited – Umberto Giannini have asked me to be their full-time blogger!! Whoooppppeeee! It seems waxing lyrical about the brand and their amazing Stylists has really paid off, they’ve read all the great things I’ve written about them and they think I’ll be the perfect person to work with them and report back on all the exciting things they’ve been doing! Yipppee! It’s a dream come true and I can barely believe it! I’m still going to be writing all about the happenings in my personal life but now I can be adding even more fabulous things to my Glamour Girl blog!
So, what fabulously glamorous and fun things have I been up to of late?? Well, first things firsts ... I went to see the AMAZING Beyonce in her ‘I AM ... SASHA FIERCE’ concert with a group of glamorous girlfriends –one word, awesome!!! Definitely the perfect place to try out my fabulous new Balmain hair extensions courtesy of Umberto Giannini (big, bouncy hair in only an hour and they look gorgeous!!), and I was in great company with Beyonce who was working her magic on stage in her amazing wigs and fantasy costumes! ‘Sasha Fierce’ apparently being the “fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side” of my fave pop-star Beyonce. Long live Sasha I say!
Umberto Giannini invited me to the Clothes Show Live which was fantastic and I had the chance to really see what goes on backstage in the world of fashion and I got to witness first hand the excitement and mayhem that goes in to putting on a glamorous show! So, all dressed up in my fabulous new Vivien Westwood suede pirate boots, teamed with my all time-favourite 7 For All Mankind skinny jeans and a gorgeous salmon pink top and boyfriend cardigan from Hennes, with my VIP Crew Pass tucked safely in to my beautiful Balenciaga bag that allowed access to EVERY area of the show - I was ready to roll!
Initially I was feeling fabulous and uber -cool in my carefully selected ‘trendy – but –not – too –try-hard’ ensemble but that was short-lived and my confidence was dashed once backstage at the ‘Company’ magazine runway show (where the Umberto Giannini team were working!) - there is nothing quite like seeing seriously gorgeous, slim and stunning models with never-ending legs parading around in just g-strings to knock you for six in the looks stakes! So feeling slightly outdone and averting my eyes in every direction possible I suddenly clocked the very lovely looking Jeff Brazier stripping off to reveal a very toned 6-pack (he was changing into a Umberto Giannini t-shirt!) , blimey! Things were suddenly looking up and then, to top it all off, I met the very, very gorgeous looking Marvyn Williams formerly on Shipwrecked! Now that’s the kind of guy I wouldn’t mind being stranded on an island with!
Next stop – the ‘Image Stage Catwalk’ show where Darren, another of the Umberto Giannini talents, was working his magic as a part of the L’Oreal Professionnel Artistic team at the massive Fashion Theatre, the show of all shows and a great deal of work and pressure – 7 shows per day over 6 consecutive days with 6am starts!! Phew!!! Whilst backstage I was lucky enough to meet up and coming boy-band VICE and if the response from the screaming ladies in the audience is anything to go by then they’re heading for success in a BIG way!! They were already on great terms with Darren (our very own boy-band look-a-likey!) and had booked up his free time between shows to get their hair cropped!
Walking into the backstage area of the main Fashion Theatre was my idea of heaven ... rows upon rows of clothing, shoes and amazing accessories, not to mention the half naked male models!!! Once I managed to peel my eyes away I realized I was surrounded by some very familiar faces- n Directly in front of me stood Caryn Franklyn (a legendary figure in the world of fashion, she’s been involved in the Clothes Show for years, and she crops up on all the fashion TV and style shows!), pretty much the entire cast from Hollyoaks (a guilty pleasure of mine, so I was beyond thrilled!!!), Radio Ones seriously stylish Fern Cotton and the very handsome George Lamb!!! Swooooooonnn! What a perfect day that was!
What else? Well, this month has been pretty choca and expensive with Christmas presents to buy, parties to go to and all the merriment that goes hand in hand with the festive season, however, despite the cash-flow crisis I STILL managed to max out the credit card by treating myself! That’s not what Christmas is all about I hear you cry but there was nothing I could do. I just love a bargain and so you can well imagine my excitement when I received an invite to Selfridges’ 20% off pre-Christmas exclusive invite only sale! As I sailed up the escalators to the 4th floor (what I like to think as the ‘enchanted floor’ where Handbag Heaven the fabulous Umberto Giannini flagship salon is located!) I found myself at the till in 10 minutes flat, paying for my beautiful new Balenciaga raisin coloured bag! For once I felt guilt free – at 20% off it would be more of a crime had I not bought it!
Parties, parties, parties ... it’s never ending and as we women know, it’s not only a fatal error to wear the same outfit twice it’s equally a big no-no if you’re wearing the same party hair from one day to the next! – Just look at Danni Minogue, not a week went by where she had the same hair-style, ladies – versatility is the call of the day for a guaranteed gorgeous Crimbo and if you’re planning to kick start the New Year properly! Thank the heavens then for the Umberto Giannini ‘Style Bar’, it’s my absolute favourite styling service EVER! I know I’m bias but it’s a genuinely genius idea, how can you not LOVE it!? A whole new look in 20 minutes without a pair of scissors in sight! Dry-styling is a must for those parties and for just £15 a pop you can afford a new look for every day of the week - I for one can’t wait to out-shine my New Year Eve party posse!
I popped back to London too for a pre-crimbo mince pie and champers party with some Uni friends which was lovely! You can’t beat a roaring fire, close friends and a snowy winter setting to really get you in to the Christmas spirit (oh, and egg-nogg too - hmmmmm!!!)
December 31st will see me seeing in the New Year at a country pub with a group of my fave partying friends and I can’t wait! I just need to decide between the FENDI Asymmetric crepe de Chine dress in soft pink and black for a touch of 1950’s flapper fabulousness or the TEMPERLEY LONDON Alexandria embellished silk chiffon dress in deep purple for Grecian glamour – hmmm, decision, decisions ...
Have a fabulous New Year!
Love
Glamour Girl
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment