Glamour Girl - November 2009
Wow!! Things have been super busy over the last few weeks & I’ve been having the most amazing time jetting off around the globe & making flying visits to Vegas & Dubai along the way!
So, where to begin?? Oh yes, I last left you as I was about to travel across the Atlantic Ocean to join a group of 30 friends in Las Vegas to see our gorgeous friend Fiona tie the knot with her handsome chap Joe! Needless to say we were not disappointed; the whole wedding was a truly fabulous affair from start to finish!
The journey was wonderful & being picked up by a chauffeur driven Mercedes Benz a la the a-listers is most definitely something I could get used to! Once dropped off at Terminal 5 we met up with our friends in the VIP Clubhouse for a mid-morning Bucks Fizz & whilst the men of the group whiled away the time bonding at the bar, we girlies indulged ourselves with gorgeous manicures & pedicures, well, you never know who you may meet when flying the skies! Once on board it was first class all the way, so we were able to relax, catch up on the latest releases & get some much needed beauty sleep in preparation for all the partying that lay ahead!
After being upgraded to the most luxurious of suites when I arrived at the Signature MGM Grand (much to the envy of all my friends!) the good times began! Vegas, the place they so rightly call ‘Sin City’ is hedonistic, wild, and gratuitous, everything you could possibly imagine, it is the most surreal city I’ve ever had the fortune to visit & such an unexpected treat – a clashing combination of class & tackiness & yet it somehow it works perfectly!
It is quite literally a city that offers you everything & anything 24/7 & the party never, ever stops! There is so much to do aside from the obvious. We took a trip to the Grand Canyon, shopped ‘til we dropped, gambled on the very same slot machine Cameron Diaz used on ‘What Happened in Vegas’, sipped yummy cocktails in ‘Ghost’ bar whilst taking in the most unbelievable panoramic views of Vegas (the bar is located high up on the 55th floor of the famous ‘Palms’ hotel!)
As the guys nursed their hangovers the following morning, we girlies took to the Vegas boulevards & rejoiced in the wonderful retail therapy that surrounded us! It was heavenly!!The only thing missing was a fabulous Umberto Giannini salon! Every super-sized store you could possibly dream of is accessible within seconds….one Casino alone housed 160 boutiques & big named brands from Bvlgari, Mac, Swarovski to Balenciaga to name just a few, needless to say my good friend MR. Master Card didn’t stand a chance that day!
After the sweet little Vegas Wedding ceremony the following day, we headed to uber-cool fash-pack joint ‘Diagos’ for yummy Mexican food & lots & lots of scrummy Margaritas! Naturally, being surrounded by the seriously stylish I upped my game by wearing the most amazing electric blue number with the highest pair of Jimmy Choos I possess, with my hair back combed to extreme heights, (thankfully one of my favourite Umberto Giannini Stylists Sean taught me how to recreate the look at home so I could continue to look party perfect even abroad!) I looked perfectly at home! Once the Margheritas had run dry, we made our way to the infamous ‘Studio 54’ for fabulous fun on the dance floor!
After many hours gaming, tons of glorious sunshine & too many cocktails to count it was time to pack our bags & head off back to England for a well earned rest before the next adventure……
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix! Despite my not being a huge fan of Formula 1 I was given the exclusive opportunity to visit the Middle East & miraculously got my hands on a 3 day pass to the elitist event, much to the disgust of my F1 loving friends! I had an amazing time watching & schmoozing with headlining acts Beyonce, Jamiroquai, Kings of Leon & my all time favourites the amazing Aerosmith... sipping Mohitos & dancing under a full moon to “Love in an Elevator” is one of my best memories yet!
The following evening saw us heading to the fabulous Roberto Cavalli's club at ‘The Fairmont Hotel’ for sushi & cocktails where we partied at what is known as the most “beautiful club in the world” & it is just that in my eyes!! Everyone who knows me will inform you that I am a complete ‘Bling- Queen’, anything that sparkle has my vote. The luxury interior of this seriously swish venue is quite simply a Swarovski- fairytale where crystals embedded in the luminous six metre-high walls compete with crystal chandeliers, teamed up with the sparkling black quartz floor – ooohh, I loved it!! In line with Cavallis’ other brands, the ‘RC’ insignia is everywhere from the giant draping Swarovski curtains that swoop down as luxurious dividing lines between dining tables, to the Cavalli Vodka bottles, proudly displayed behind the circular bars which bear his distinct logo.
Despite being a novice to the world of Formula One, I am now definately hooked! The race day was so much fun, the cars amazing & it was rumoured that Brad Pitt was at the event, unfortunately our paths didn't cross but I did get to see the beautiful Pussycat Doll Nicole Sherzinger who looked a million dollars in her sexy Maxi dress, perfect for the Middle Eastern climate! All in all I had a very exciting few weeks in the dessert, the tans nicely topped up & I’m feeling fabulous, but alas it’s time to head back to the UK & to start planning my winter wardrobe.....!
See you next time
Love
Glamour Girl xx
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment