Glamour Girl here with your Umberto Giannini update on all things bang on trend in the world of hair, beauty, fashion and literature!
The word of the day is PLUM, yes I've done a Cheryl and turned my boring brunette locksin to a mane of rich plummy hues and I Luuuuurve it! I was a little apprehensive at first but stylist extra-ordinaire Ben at "Umberto Giannini's" convinced me it’s very "now" and would suit my complexion to a tee so I bit the bullet and I couldn’t be happier!! Gone are the days of summer highlights and roll on winter sultry!! I can't wait to go out tonight and show it off – hair envy is the call of the day! I've already bought a totally gorgeous new dress from an eclectic boutique in Brighton and I’m totally coveting Opi’s exquisite ‘Plugged in Plum’ nail varnish – ultra glam in minutes! Whilst I’m out partying the night away I’m definitely going to grab the attention of the super-cute barman from super-cool club Mechu and see if he’ll create a gorgeous plum coloured cocktail especially for me!! Let the good times begin - woohoo!
I have 6 weeks to go before jetting off to a glamorous Las Vegas wedding and I’m sooo excited!! So much to do and so little time!!! Naturally, I want to look my beautiful best so I’ve already started the diet and exercise program using ‘Gravity Machines’, it’s awesome and uses similar movements to the ever-popular Pilates but centres your body to protect yourself from physical imbalances - it’s all very holistic which is just what I need before all the partying gets underway! And most importantly it promises a new body in weeks which is perfect as I have suitcase packed full of fabulous dresses to wear!! I’ve recently discovered www.pretaportobello.com, a must for the sweetest day dresses and ideal for lounging around the pool and I am so excited about my newest purchase for the big day, I’ll be wearing the sassy and sexy but not too showy Jason Wu creation as worn by Diane Kruger on the red carpet, (he’s a designing dynamite and there isn’t one dress I don’t love from his Autumn/ Winter collection!) and for the soiree (can a girl really have too many outfit changes?!) I’m planning to dazzle and delight in a jaw-dropping Balmain curve enhancing sequin number teamed with a Swarovski covered clutch bag, perfect for partying in to the early hours of the morning! But, enough about me, what about the blushing bride? Well, rumour has it she will be wearing a stunning Chanticleer Wedding dress and elegant Gina shoes but I’ll fill you in when I get to see it! What I do know is that rather than having a traditional wedding ring she’s chosen a beautiful full double channel set diamond eternity ring - just gorgeous! We’re all staying at The MGM Grand Signature hotel, 550 square feet of pure luxury with its 300-thread-count Anichini cotton sheets, oversized marble/granite bathroom with dual sink vanities, June Jacobs bath amenities and a Whirlpool spa tub, how plush!.....I'm just counting the days!!!!
In preparation for my trip, I’ve been investigating all things Vegas and last week I had some down-time, chilled out and watched ‘The Hangover’ – a hilarious plot based on a stag do in, yep, Vegas baby! I wasn't disappointed, the film ticked every box from a wickedly funny script with unbeatable one liners to the eye-candy with rising celeb Bradley Cooper playing the part of a lovable and slightly naughty best man. Heather Graham was fab and her hair looked just amazing, I’ll definitely be trying to recreate those lightly tussled locks at home! Check out Rotten Tomatoes, it’s my favourite film review site of all time – they gave the film a mighty 78%.
Films aside, I’m also a bit of a literature buff and lately I've been reading "Eat, Prey, Love" by the superbly talented "Elizabeth Gilbert", you always know you’re on to a good things when you’re sorely disappointed that your book is coming to an end. It’s a real must-read, the perfect combination of a great little spiritual journey combined with an inside view of the year of a disillusioned thirty-something traveller with a thirst for an adventure and a need to discover herself! Who doesn’t love that!?
Anywhoo – gotta run but I’ll catch up with you next month!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment