Thursday, 28 January 2010

Hitting the slopes Glamour Girl style

Glamour Girl Hits the Slopes and the Shops and Back at Fashion...!
Hello everyone I trust you had a fabulous Christmas and that 2010 is working out as wonderfully as you’d planned with your New Year’s Resolutions and good intentions still firmly intact! If so, you’re doing better than me!!
Since we last spoke I’ve been crazy busy with the first week of January spent swooshing down the slopes of the French Alps with my chappie! It was the perfect break, intimate and romantic and the perfect rest from the Christmas chaos! We stayed in a quaint little quirky boutique hotel tucked away on one of the tiny Chamonix backstreets. Picturesque and perfect! Now, I must admit, I’m not really one for skiing and whilst I have the fabulous outfit (Prada fur-trimmed all-in-one dusk pink number -natch!) I’m much more at home on a Barbadean beach, sipping cocktails under a straw umbrella and occasionally taking a dip in the salt water pool to cool off, but Skiing holidays definitely have there plus points - The huge open fires that warm your soul whilst enjoying a morning chocolat chaud as you flick through the papers, nursing the hangover from all of those jagermeister you enjoyed the evening before at the party place - Chambre Neuf! Chamonix is lovely and the après –ski scene is second to none! I LOVED it and can’t wait to go back – Roll on January 2011!
So, once I tore myself away from the apre-ski party scene and left the snowy mountains of France I spent numerous hours delayed at the airport only to land in a snowy Britain! Somewhat over the snow by now, I was more than a little upset as, if I’m honest, as pretty as it is, snow does somewhat scupper your social life and as the snow very slowly melted as did my all of my plans to have a post-crimbo catch-up with my pals as nobody could get anywhere! Ahh well, thank the Lord for the cyber-saviour that is FACEBOOK, I was thankfully able to stay in touch with civilization and keep my chums up to date by posting my pics on-line!
Since my mini-break I’ve been working none-stop on the Umberto Giannini Awards! As we speak, excitement is building up towards the first ever Umberto Giannini Awards that’s taking place on February 1st !!
The award ceremony is the perfect way to reward the fantastic achievements of the past year and will recognize the creativity, talent & dedication of the esteemed Umberto Giannini Stylists!
The award winners of 2009 will be revealed in a glittering ceremony that’ll take place at Birmingham’s uber-cool Custard Factory! This awesome event has a dazzling dress code of DRESS TO IMPRESS so it’s time to spend, spend, spend! I’m already lining up for the Alexander Wang corseted satin-jersey dress, sophisticated and sassy, perfect for just such an event!
They’ll be a fabulous champagne reception on arrival as well as a wonderful buffet and wine provided on the day. I’ll let you know next month who the winners are! We are lucky enough to have a panel of industry recognised, Celebrity Hairdressing Judges Errol Douglas, Beverly Cobella, Phil Smith and renowned photographer Jumiah Gayle to review what I’m sure will be brilliant mood boards and incredible entries for the Umberto Giannini Look of the Year 2009 & The Umberto Giannini Assistant Of the Year 2009 awards! I CAN’T WAIT!!
Whilst waiting for my flight to leave the run way at the airport I whiled the hours away flicking through mu fave glossies and to my horror I saw that ‘denim on denim’ is to be the fashion-must for 2010! Well, I have to say, I’m in two minds about whether this is a trend I want to whole –heartedly embrace! Unusual for me I know, but there are certain parts of the 80’s that I’m happy to leave in the 80’s, denim on denim being one and the craze for bum-bags that ‘s threatening to rear its head in 2010 is another. Both are bad.They were pretty bad in the 80’s and, in my opinion, they’re REALLY bad in 2010. Look at bum-bags, they’re practical, I get that, but is fashion practical?? SHOULD fashion be practical?? To an extent MAYBE, but it’s all about the buzz for me, that warm tingling glow that you get when you own something so beautiful you can’t quite believe it and you feel the need to look at it, stroke it, love it and show it off to all and sundry at any given opportunity, and if I’m honest I’m just not sure I’ll get the same buzz of pulling out my Miu Miu wallet from my bum-bag when I’m paying for my weekly Sainsbury’s shop as I do when I take it out of my beautifully embellished Antik Batik Lola beaded bag.
Oooh!Selfridges have just called to say my new Wang dress has arrived so I have to skaddadle!! How exciting … “Hello Alexander and so long winter- blues!”

See you next month
Glamour Girl xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment